This page will contain copies of all club notices and other relevant news that would otherwise have been placed on the club’s noticeboard in the clubroom. Please make sure you check it regularly and particularly just for before a club night or club event in case there been any unforeseen change of plan. If you have a message for club members email Steve or Michael
Four club members attended the Chell’s Competition today put on by Aberdare Camera Club. There were some fantastic images to see and to earn from. The judge, Walter BenzieHon FRPS, President of the Royal Photographic Society was excellent and consistent throughout and most impressed by the variety and the standard of photography throughout.
Our four submissions scored between 8 and 8.5 (marked out of 10)points each. Whilst this kept us lower down the table than we would want the judge made pleasing remarks about each one. The competition itself was keenly fought with less than 6 points separating the first and last (19th club). Had we scored just 4 more points we would have ended second from top rather than second from bottom where we finished.
Final results and scores.
· Stanley Chell 2017: Best Club – Inn Focus
· The Hans Hoyer Trophy: Best Monochrome – Six Pack One Pack – Coltraine Koh – Inn Focus
· The Glyn John Trophy:Best Colour – The Apple Woman – Gwynfryn Jone – Gwynfra
· The Glan and Mair Trophy: Best Landscape – Horses at Kenfig – Jayne Libby – Cymro Momo
· The Doris Chell Trophy: Best Image – The Historian – David Norton – Rhondda
Congratulation to all the winers. Thanks too to Aberdare for putting on an excellent competition.