30th December – Club Resources for Members To Use.
Dave Brown our Equipment Officer has recently updated the equipment list showing all the items which can be loaned out to paid up club members. The list has also been placed on the website in the members only area.
27th December – Review of Affinity Photo.
As some of you will be aware Trevor has produced a comprehensive review of Affinity Photo. A link to this review can also be found in the members area under members website
4th December: Chells Inter-Club Battle Four club members attended the Chell’s Competition today put on by Aberdare Camera Club. There were some fantastic images to see and to earn from. The judge, Walter BenzieHon FRPS, President of the Royal Photographic Society was excellent and consistent throughout and most impressed by the variety and the standard of photography throughout.
Our four submissions scored between 8 and 8.5 (marked out of 10)points each. Whilst this kept us lower down the table than we would want the judge made pleasing remarks about each one. The competition itself was keenly fought with less than 6 points separating the first and last (19th club). Had we scored just 4 more points we would have ended second from top rather than second from bottom where we finished.
Final results and scores.
· Stanley Chell 2017: Best Club – Inn Focus
· The Hans Hoyer Trophy: Best Monochrome – Six Pack One Pack – Coltraine Koh – Inn Focus
· The Glyn John Trophy:Best Colour – The Apple Woman – Gwynfryn Jone – Gwynfra
· The Glan and Mair Trophy: Best Landscape – Horses at Kenfig – Jayne Libby – Cymro Momo
· The Doris Chell Trophy: Best Image – The Historian – David Norton – Rhondda
Congratulation to all the winers. Thanks too to Aberdare for putting on an excellent competition